Incremental find?

Subject: Incremental find?
From: arroxaneullman -at- aol -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 10:42:14 -0400

Hi folks,

I have a terminology question for you all...

One of our developers is using the term "find-as-you-type function" which I'm certain is not the proper name of the tool. I've seen this function in various programs, but it's not specifically labeled. Wikipedia says the proper term is "incremental find." However, the typical user would respond with "HUH?" if I use the latter term.

I need to establish the terminology here. So, what's the best term to use? The one that is descriptive but wordy and informal, or the term that is technical but unclear? Or do you use something else entirely?

Thanks for your perspectives and advice.


Create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to Help file formats or
printed documentation. Features include support for Windows Vista & 2007
Microsoft Office, team authoring, plus more.

True single source, conditional content, PDF export, modular help.
Help & Manual is the most powerful authoring tool for technical
documentation. Boost your productivity!

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit

To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.


Previous by Author: RE: Tech Writer Lawsuit; STC position? (take II)
Next by Author: Re: Incremental find?
Previous by Thread: RE: Word to PDF Prob
Next by Thread: Re: Incremental find?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads