Question re: font issues from MS Word to Adobe FrameMaker

Subject: Question re: font issues from MS Word to Adobe FrameMaker
From: donaluisa_nwr -at- comcast -dot- net (DonaLuisa)
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 19:01:52 +0000

I thought I might visit http://www.techwr-l.com/ to search for answer to my question, but the site does not seem to be available to me at this time.

We're in the USA, creating documents using Frame in English. We send the content as PDF files and as text in MS Word files to India, and the site translates the content into Hindi using the font, Shivaji01 (Shiv01.TTF). They send us MS Word files, and for the other languages we've translated for them (Marathi, Tamil, and Telegu), we are able to copy and paste (Edit, Paste Special) the text into Frame. They also send us the PDF files using the commenting feature to help us target what needs changing. The site/user/computer hasn't changed.

But now, we open the PDF file and see in the comment bubble what the content should look like. But , when we open the MS Word file, it does not match what they sent in the PDF comments. It's not the actual "content" that isn't matching, but the spacing between characters and groups of characters. It is as if the kerning as a mind of its own!

Anyone out there have an idea what might be happening?
-DonaLuisa

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList