Re: version control

Subject: Re: version control
From: "Janet Swisher" <jmswisher -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Kevin McGowan" <thatguy_80 -at- hotmail -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 17:39:46 -0500

Kevin,

My company uses Subversion (and Tortoise), integrated with Trac
(http://trac.edgewall.org/) for issue-tracking and project
documentation.

To use SVN with RoboHelp projects, I have to "generate" WebHelp output
to a location outside the working copy, because RoboHelp (X5) blows
away all directory structures, including .svn directories. However,
the "generated" files are transitory, and I can "publish" into the
working copy with no problem.

Some of our developers prefer Mercurial, for the reasons Lech
mentioned, but the combination of SVN and Trac has a lot of inertia
here.

I'm interested in hearing how you plan to set up SVN to be a CMS for
DITA. Please post details!

--Janet

--
Visit my blog at: http://www.janetswisher.com