Re: Naming a display grid?

Subject: Re: Naming a display grid?
From: "Jonathan West" <jwest -at- mvps -dot- org>
To: "Geoff Hart" <ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 09:00:39 +0100

> This description suggests that you mean a "table", which is the
> ubiquitous word for this kind of presentation of information. If
> that's correct, then "display grid" is the $100 phrase for a $1
> concept, and most of your audience (people like me, with a beer
> budget rather than a champagne budget) won't have the faintest idea
> what you mean.

In my view, calling a table a "display grid" is a bit like calling a
spade an earth-inverting horticultural implement.

Jonathan West

Create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to Help file formats or
printed documentation. Features include support for Windows Vista & 2007
Microsoft Office, team authoring, plus more.

True single source, conditional content, PDF export, modular help.
Help & Manual is the most powerful authoring tool for technical
documentation. Boost your productivity!

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit

To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.


Naming a display grid: From: Marrs, Melissa
Naming a display grid?: From: Geoff Hart

Previous by Author: Re: Page break as local formatting permitted?
Next by Author: AUTONUMGL
Previous by Thread: Re: Naming a display grid?
Next by Thread: RE: Naming a display grid?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads