RE: Naming a display grid?

Subject: RE: Naming a display grid?
From: "Jessica Weissman" <Jessica -dot- Weissman -at- hillcrestlabs -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 09:02:56 -0400

The more I think about these issues, the more inclined I am to avoid
naming such things. Just say "select a Departmental Code" or some such,
if it is obvious to the user looking at the screen what is being listed.
And I'd label the grid or table "Department Codes" with no more ado.

If you have to have a name, refer to it as the Departmental Code list or
the list of Departmental Codes. Unless there are two lists of
departmental codes on the screen, that should be clear. And "list" is
the most neutral term I can think of for a list, however formatted.

- Jessica

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList