Re: Senior Tech Writer classification

Subject: Re: Senior Tech Writer classification
From: beelia <beelia -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: quills -at- airmail -dot- net
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:26:47 -0700

There's no way a title can change perception (for more than 10 minutes,
anyway) if there's nothing backing it up. If you haven't done your
background research before interviewing an SME, you insist on asking stupid
or repetitive questions, and you try to get them to do your work for you,
you're going to get "dissed", and rightfully so.

You have to prove yourself before you get respect - that will never change,
and it shouldn't. A title change probably has minimal impact, but it can't
hurt and it may help, as Deborah mentioned in her message.

Bee