Re: Agile working with offsite teams

Subject: Re: Agile working with offsite teams
From: "Julie Stickler" <jstickler -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 16:41:35 -0400

I'm also quite interested in this thread, as I've just discovered that
while I was off documenting product A (built by off-shore, contract
developers in India) our company's development team for product B has
suddenly decided to adopt Agile development. I'm in MA and they're in
New Zealand (on two coasts) and the QA for that team in also in India.
I just found this out before I left for vacation last week, so I
haven't even had time to go back through the archives to look for
posts about Agile. And I'm a lone writer, so there's just me working
on both Product A and B.

Personally, from what little I remember, I'm not sure that our company
is disciplined enough for Agile. We essentially don't have any
develoment processes in place right now (they don't even really write
specs), and it sounds like Agile is not on the "beginner" end of the
development process scale.

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/