RE: what's this called

Subject: RE: what's this called
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "Chinell, David F (GE EntSol, Security)" <David -dot- Chinell -at- GE -dot- com>, "Milan Davidovic" <milan -dot- lists -at- gmail -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 14:45:48 -0400

Chinell, David F (GE > EntSol, Security) was heard to say:
> It's a bit like the MatchEntry property for a list box in
> VBA, which can
> have these values:
> MatchEntryFirstLetter
> MatchEntryComplete
> MatchEntryNone
> I've also described this using the term "ring." As in "When
> you press C
> repeatedly, the selection rings through all entries that
> begin with "C."

"Ring" would never have crossed my (Canadian) mind. Might be a regional

To describe the part of the problem that you mention, I would say
"cycles through" or "steps through". Although, I might change the
person and word it "Press the same character key repeatedly to cycle
through all entries (filenames, labels, records, whatever) beginning
with that character."

- Kevin

The information contained in this electronic mail transmission
may be privileged and confidential, and therefore, protected
from disclosure. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by replying to this
message and deleting it from your computer without copying
or disclosing it.


ComponentOne Doc-To-Help 2009 is your all-in-one authoring and publishing
solution. Author in Doc-To-Help's XML-based editor, Microsoft Word or
HTML and publish to the Web, Help systems or printed manuals.

Help & Manual 5: The complete help authoring tool for individual
authors and teams. Professional power, intuitive interface. Write
once, publish to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control!

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit

To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:


what's this called: From: Milan Davidovic
RE: what's this called: From: Chinell, David F (GE EntSol, Security)

Previous by Author: Wordless question
Next by Author: RE: IE7 and No Context-Sensitive Help
Previous by Thread: RE: what's this called
Next by Thread: Re: what's this called

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads