Re: Writing for Translation

Subject: Re: Writing for Translation
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Nancy Allison" <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 07:14:45 -0700

Is your goal to maximize usability in the target language, or to minimize
translation time and cost? The two are often not compatible, and usability
doesn't change much with language. Whatever callout layout your English-reading
users prefer, chances are your non-English users will also prefer.

Gene Kim-Eng