Re: Collaborative Documentation Review Process

Subject: Re: Collaborative Documentation Review Process
From: Craig Haiss <craighaiss -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 10:39:09 -0800 (PST)

Yes, Acrobat is great for such reviews. I really appreciate the multiple formats it offers for viewing and printing review comments.

Document management software is also nice; you can upload the review PDF, create workflows to help track the review process, and take advantage of version control to separate one or more review PDFs from the final version of the document.

Perhaps SharePoint offers similar features, I'm not sure.

My opinion might be a bit biased because I write the documentation for multiple doc management products.

Craig Haiss
Blog: "Writing manuals for warfare | Take the job?"
http://www.helpscribe.com/2009/12/writing-manuals-for-warfare-take-job.html