Any Chrome users here? Adobe hosed my browser...

Subject: Any Chrome users here? Adobe hosed my browser...
From: Gregory P Sweet <gps03 -at- health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 15:18:31 -0500

Grasping at straws here and hoping someone has some guidance for me.

I've been using Google Chrome form the past few months for accessing Google
Wave a few other items that I just like better in Chrome.
About two weeks ago, I attempted to watch a video and Adobe Flash player
insisted on being upgraded (again) and when the process started it turns
out that Adobe has now applied the god-forsaken download manager to Flash
player. ADM does not work through our gubmint-strength proxy, and I have
complained about this long and loud to anyone at Adobe who cares to listen
(not many, and I digress). Anyway ADM took Chrome down in a blaze of glory
and ever since Chrome cannot connect to the Internet. It simply fails to
see that I have a proxy and connect to it.

I've attempted every fix I could find via google, & the Chrome forums, and
posted about the issue on Chrome forums to no avail. I've
un-installed/re-installed and adjusted every setting in Chrome I can find,
but nada. Just keeps telling me all pages are unavailable.

Thoughts, musing, possible solutions appreciated,

-Greg

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure. It is intended only for the addressee. If you received this in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, please do not distribute, copy or use it or any attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.

http://www.doctohelp.com/

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com