Re: throughput

Subject: Re: throughput
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Roberta Hennessey <rahennessey -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 09:51:55 -0500

Exactly right, but in this case it seems the word "throughput" itself
is too long to fit in whatever space they're trying to put it in,
which is why I suggest using the actual throughput shorthand for
what's being measured (bps, Mbps, etc.). There is no accepted
shorthand for "throughput", and inventing something may just cause
confusion, no matter how semantically clear you think it might be.
Your industry has norms. You should be versed in them and conform to
them.

--
Bill Swallow

Twitter: @techcommdood