Re: Special characters, such as TM, in web page titles

Subject: Re: Special characters, such as TM, in web page titles
From: Paul Goble <pgcommunication -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 16:38:35 -0600

John Posada wrote:
> Hi, guys...what does the collective say about whether it is proper or
> not to put characters such as TM in web page titles.

I share your preference, but on occasion, you may be obligated to put
TM in the page title. Some trademark usage agreements require that
the TM symbol be used with the "first OR MOST PROMINENT" usage of the
mark. So if your company has any such agreements in place (possibly
by virtue of agreeing to a EULA), then you could be stuck. My gut
impression is that this requirement is especially common in the
networking business.

--
Paul Goble
Omaha, Nebraska