Does Madcap Flare shun Trados?

Subject: Does Madcap Flare shun Trados?
From: "David Harrison (PMS)" <dharrison -at- moldmasters -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 09:46:22 +0100

I am starting to look at Madcap as a probable solution for my user-manuals where I suddenly need to maintain several variants of two manuals which share around 65% identical content.
Now we have had doubt thrown on this application by our translation agency who advise that Flare tries to force translators to use Lingo because Flare is difficult to work with Trados, which is their TM application. They are advocating Framemaker - but I am wondering - has anyone out there seen problems between Flare and Trados?

Regards

David

http://www.doctohelp.com