RE: Disclaim THIS!

Subject: RE: Disclaim THIS!
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 16:14:57 -0400

Peter Neilson
[...]
> Ever try to find the directions on a can of paint or bug spray? First
> you have to hunt through all the teensy-weensy English and Spanish
> words
> to find the actual instructions, not the part that says it's a
> violation of federal law to use the product in some other way than the
> regulators say is ok.
[...]

I'm "of a certain age" and am getting to the point where the
reading glasses are no longer optional. Even the reading glasses
are not sufficient for some small cans (like spray paint, spray
insulation, drugs, supplements, etc. There's just too much mandatory
crap crowding out the useful info.

> Ever try to figure out from an MSDS "sheet" whether the item described
> is REALLY dangerous? If they tell you that you need a mask, do you
> REALLY need a mask?

Wanna scare yourself?
Read the MSDS for distilled water.
Full haz-mat gear seems woefully inadequate to the situation.

On the other hand, my new all-time favorite cartoon is one that
I saw two years ago (Skeptic magazine? somewhere else?) in which
an evil-scientist-looking guy (you can tell because his sparse
hair is disheveled and he's wearing a lab coat) is holding an
eye-dropper over the waves lapping at the shore.
Caption "Evil homeopathic doctor prepares to poison the oceans of the world"

- k
or disclosing it.

http://www.doctohelp.com