Re: Wording problem! Arrrggh!

Subject: Re: Wording problem! Arrrggh!
From: "Dana Worley (MVP/JB)" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 09:03:00 -0600

I'll step in as an opposing voice and suggest you chose your latter option -- "move on to the other 9999 things....".

It's release notes, not a written work of art! Start each with an active verb to maintain consistency with the lists, make sure the description is comprehensible, and call it good.

2 cents,

Dana W.

On 12:59 PM, Nancy Allison wrote:

Each item in the list begins with an active verb, which you want in a
document that's explaining all the good things you've done to improve
the product. So Fixed is a desireable word in that way, but plenty of
other verbs are equally attractive. I'd like to keep the pattern of
starting each item with a strong active verb.

I just can't think of how to do it!

Do you perceive the original wording as enough of a problem for me to
fuss over, or should I just move on to the other 9999 things I need to
get done today?

--
Campbell Scientific, Inc.

http://www.doctohelp.com