Best New Thing in User Documentation?

Subject: Best New Thing in User Documentation?
From: Nancy Allison <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 12:01:44 -0500 (CDT)

Hey, all.

Remember when HTML Help came along and enabled you to keep the TOC alive on the left-hand side of the window and reflect where you were in the online help?

Remember when tools like FrameMaker started to output into different formats, and tools like HATs started to be coordinated, so you could do single-sourcing of a print doc and online help?

I remember a lot of buzz about those developments. I've been working in the Frame-or-Word-to-PDF and Frame-or-Word-to-online-help world for a very long time and feel that I've lost touch with innovation in our field.

What in your mind is the Best New Thing in user documentation of the last 5 years or so -- either the best new tool or the best new user doc format, platform, or whatever else?

Hoping we have a nice, long thread --

--Nancy

http://www.doctohelp.com