RE: Grammar - The Gotcha Microsoft Gives

Subject: RE: Grammar - The Gotcha Microsoft Gives
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "Tim -dot- Slager -at- aciworldwide -dot- com" <Tim -dot- Slager -at- aciworldwide -dot- com>, "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 14:06:52 -0400

About calling the people who use our products "users", Tim -dot- Slager -at- aciworldwide -dot- com said:

> There is, however, that unnerving association: the only other people
> called users are consumers of illicit drugs.

Fine.
I'm still waiting for that satisfactory alternative that:

a) does the job

b) offends fewer people than are scandalized by the current model.

Who is proposing one?

If no-one is proposing a serious, functional alternative, then
why are we still yakking about it... why did we start?

-k

or disclosing it.

http://www.doctohelp.com