Re: Dilemma - LinkedIn Requests

Subject: Re: Dilemma - LinkedIn Requests
From: "Peter Neilson" <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com, "William Sherman" <bsherman77 -at- embarqmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 08:57:09 -0400

On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 08:31:54 -0400, William Sherman <bsherman77 -at- embarqmail -dot- com> wrote:

The negative side of me looks at this as they are so pointed haired boss like that they don't even remember they eliminated us in massive cuts. And why would I want to have contact with people who did massive cuts and don't even think that is an issue in being our "friend" and business contact?

Usually the way such cuts are done the people who do the initial cuts are scheduled to be removed, too, but they do not know that. They hate having to do the cuts, and then they find out that someone knew that their departure was planned as well, but that they were not told. Indeed, they may have been given "we're keeping you" lies. If everybody knew ahead of time there would have been a massive walkout, with nobody left to close the doors.

My wife worked in management at a US plant that top management intended to close, and asked at a meeting, "So how are we handling the shut-down in February? (She'd figured it out by reading the reports of raw materials on order, which were established with a six-month lead.) The company headquarters, back in Canada, went crazy trying to find the source of the "leak".

If you contact those people directly, and ignore LinkedIn, you may find out that they ARE your friends!

http://www.doctohelp.com