RE: TECHWR-L Digest, Vol 71, Issue 13

Subject: RE: TECHWR-L Digest, Vol 71, Issue 13
From: "Rick_Bishop" <rickbishop -at- austin -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 08:45:14 -0500

Melissa: I assume desired header is present on all pages. Add a section
break / next page at the end of page one. Open the header on page 2. On
the header/footer tools menu, uncheck different first page, then click the
Connect to Previous button so that it is no longer highlighted. Go back to
the header on page one and delete it.

Rick
-----------------------------
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 14:13:39 -0400
From: Melissa Nelson <melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Subject: Help with word 2007 header

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me. I am working on a document in Word 2007 and
I am attempting to add a Header to all the document, except the first page.
I have added both a section break and a page break. However, I can't get the
header to only appear on page 2 and beyond. I used to know how to do this in
Word 2003, but I can't figure out how to do it in 2007. I am getting so
frustrated, I can't even figure out how to ask it in Help. Again I have to
two sections in one doc and only want my header to appear in the section 2.
I can't seem to change the "same as section 1" feature so that the two
sections can be different.

Oddly enough my cubemate is working on an entirely different doc and trying
to figure out the same thing.

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks!
Melissa