Word 2010 bullet and numbers issue - won't revert to body text

Subject: Word 2010 bullet and numbers issue - won't revert to body text
From: "Louise Stevanovic" <Louise -dot- Stevanovic -at- nehta -dot- gov -dot- au>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 13:20:32 +1000

Hi all

Please help...

I have two issues with list styles I've set up in a Word 2010 template.
I followed the advice on Shauna Kelly's webpage and on other webpages
about setting up the lists using list styles, and I've searched the
help.

I cannot get my lists to revert to Body text after two hard returns at
the end of a list. This is happening for both bulleted lists and
numbered lists.

So if I have these bullet styles (all associated with one list style) :

<.> List bullet

<.> List bullet 2

<.> List bullet 3

<.> List bullet 4

Successive hard returns after List bullet 4 takes me back through List
bullet 4, List bullet 3, List bullet 2 and then List bullet in
succession - which all makes sense. However, the style then stays at
Level 1 bullet but without the bullet. At this point, it should revert
to Body text.

I have a similar thing with my numbered lists (which gets stuck on the
level 1 number (List Number) but without the number. Successive hard
returns keep it in List Number style. My numbered lists have an
additional problem: even though my list style is defined to restart at 1
with each new list, it doesn't work. List numbering always continues
from the previous list (regardless of the styles between the two lists).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Louise

http://www.doctohelp.com