Help - my consultants cannot write!

Subject: Help - my consultants cannot write!
From: Andrew Plato <andrew -dot- plato -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 13:28:11 -0700

Its been easily 10 years since I posted anything to TECHWR-L. I miss
those blathering posts from the last century.

Okay, I have a real reason for being here. And some of you will
probably appreciate the irony of this.

I own Anitian Enteprise Security - a security consultancy. I was a
tech writer in the 90s, spent plenty of time here barfing out my
opinions. Search the archives. Lots of frothing from me and others.

I am in desperate need of tech writer training for my consultants. I
have a bunch of information security consultants who cannot write. Its
infuriating. I edit their material and I want to wring their necks.
They blather and yammer on about this and that - I need to teach these
people how to succinctly express complex ideas and write reports.

So, my question is:

- Anybody have any suggestions for training courses, materials or
guides I can use to teach these people how to write?

- And if there isn't anything good out there, who could develop such a
program...relatively inexpensively?

Ideally, I'd like some program or class or something I could send my
consultants through that at the end of it, they would be able to
write...better. My problem is, I don't want to send them to some
community college writing class. I need something that specifically is
focused on complex report writing.

I was going to develop this material myself, but I am just too busy.

I call upon the great TECHWR-L for ideas, guidance, and insight.

Oh, and stop eating hamsters.

Andrew Plato

http://www.doctohelp.com