RE: ISO Document Control

Subject: RE: ISO Document Control
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>, Sally Derrick <sjd1201 -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 13:36:49 -0400

I guess it depends on the industry/milieu and the standards-compliance
being audited, but my experience with ISO 900x is that the auditor
simply records any shortcomings in a report. They might, or might not
offer suggestions for a fix, or provide clarifying background
about what's wrong or what has been misinterpreted or overlooked.

You (the company) have X-amount-of-time to fix the shortfalls, before
the auditor looks again. If you have not fixed, you must at least
show that effort has been expended and that there's a path forward.
If the problem is fixed, that's it for that one.
If the problem is being addressed, but not yet fixed, that's usually
cause for the shortfall to be downgraded (it's been acknowledged and
action is being taken), at least until the next audit cycle.

As for Peter... was that the pony ride thing? Or am I thinking
of somebody else?

[snip]

or disclosing it.

http://www.doctohelp.com