Re: Information mapping

Subject: Re: Information mapping
From: Ken Stitzel <kstitzel -at- symplified -dot- com>
To: "dangarza1 -at- comcast -dot- net" <dangarza1 -at- comcast -dot- net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 13:56:23 -0700

I was pleasantly surprised by my Info Mapping training, way back in the
90s. I expected a boring rehash of tech writing fundamentals. Instead,
their basic idea--that you're not so much writing in the classic sense as
creating easily perceived little "maps" of information--proved useful and
sensible.

It took me a while to assimilate the ideas and use them, but I found it all
quite helpful. I don't think I had a test at the end, but the material was
not difficult.

But that was long ago! YMMV, of course. Good luck.

Ken

Kendal Stitzel
Sr. Technical Writer
Symplified, Inc.
"Providing seamless identity and access management across the cloud, web,
and mobile applications for your employees, partners, and customers."

http://www.doctohelp.com