Re: Yay or Nay - OP

Subject: Re: Yay or Nay - OP
From: DaLy <swiggles247 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "Guy K. Haas" <guy -at- hiskeyboard -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 09:02:14 -0800 (PST)

Hi Guy,

Just pointing out that spell check, per se matters not. Strange you were the only one who caught that fact.

My main concern is the 'dumbing' down of our kids by a public school employees claiming they are overworked and underpaid. Not every student should finish public school in 12 years. Some require more time while others, less time.

If, as others posted, spelling isn't necessary (due to advances in technology), then why teach it. The same should go for math (use calculators - quicker, accurate (with a working power source) and require less student and teacher effort) and/or reading (use audio books also requiring less student and teacher effort). From my observations (of K to 12 students,) we are creating an obese, lazy, gimme gimme gimme generation. And that my friends is sad, very sad.

DaLy