Re: Careers For People Who Don't Like People

Subject: Re: Careers For People Who Don't Like People
From: Julie Stickler <jstickler -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com (techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 10:11:34 -0400

Phil claims that psychological models are a fad. I thought fads were
supposed to be short lived? And it's clear from your comment that
you've never read Covey's 7 Habits, which is all about understanding
yourself and working well with others. Which is not a bad thing in the
business world.

That's interesting because I took my first battery of psychological
test when I was in high school almost *gulp* 30 years ago. My mother
head about a program at Case Western Reserve University that could
match you to your idea job. They are a highly ranked research
institution. After taking a battery of standardized tests for two
days, they knew more about me than I knew about myself. It was scary
how well they could profile my personality.

30 years later, I still test out as INTJ. A couple years ago my
department took the Myers Briggs tests, more as a team building
exercise than anything else. There was two people in the department
that I'd never quite clicked with, even though they were nice enough
people. Once I found out that we were complete opposites on all four
categories of the MB, that suddenly made sense.

--
Julie Stickler
http://heratech.wordpress.com/

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help