Re: What is the block called

Subject: Re: What is the block called
From: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
To: John Posada <jposada99 -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 22:27:55 -0700

The app displays on your web page and it could be a widget.

I think the "block" the app leaves on your timeline would be a "post
to your timeline" or "status update".


On 2012-07-25, at 8:58 AM, John Posada <jposada99 -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

> New question...if you have an application that places a block on your
> Facebook Timeline, what is the official FB name of the block? If I was
> doing a web page, I'd call it a widget, but I don't think that is
> appropriate in the post-FB world.

Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with Doc-To-Help. Choose your authoring formats and get any output you may need.

Try Doc-To-Help, now with MS SharePoint integration, free for 30-days.


You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @

What is the block called: From: John Posada

Previous by Author: Re: IS or ARE
Next by Author: Re: Arabic text in multilingual manual
Previous by Thread: Re: What is the block called
Next by Thread: Is Flare maintenance worth the price?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads