Drop-down text in Sharepoint (Dynamic HTML)

Subject: Drop-down text in Sharepoint (Dynamic HTML)
From: Debbie Hemstreet <D_Hemstreet -at- rambam -dot- health -dot- gov -dot- il>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 06:47:12 +0000

Hi All,

We are in the process of redoing our website. It will be done via Sharepoint (not my decision, so lets not discuss the pros and cons of using Sharepoint for a company's website).

I am responsible for the English content. In order to make information more quickly accessible, and reduce the number of Pages, I'd like to use drop-down text, like we can do in online help.

For example:

Page: How to Give
<intro text>

> Endowments (user would click and view text about Endowments)

> Lifetime Investment (user would click and view text about Lifetime Investments)

Etc. and so forth.

I do not want users to have to go to a new page for a brief para of text and I don't want them to have to scroll through tons of ways to give with all the text.

So it seems to me Drop-down text is the best solution.

Can Drop-down text (Dyanamic HTML) be used in Sharepoint Webpages?

If this requires special steps, can you let me know what they are so I can pass the information on to the appropriate people?

Thanks!

Deborah

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help