RE: When is it too much information?

Subject: RE: When is it too much information?
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: Debbie Hemstreet <D_Hemstreet -at- rambam -dot- health -dot- gov -dot- il>, Ryan Young <ryangyoung -at- gmail -dot- com>, Ryan Pollack <ryan -at- clicksecurity -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 10:55:00 -0500

I agree, in this case, because it seems that the very specific feature (an option at a particular menu location) was not just deprecated - meaning it would still be right where you expect it, but its use would be discouraged, pending future removal. Rather, it was removed.

Doesn't matter if the functionality is available elsewhere in the interface. If what you could do before is gone, then it's not really "deprecated".
Tell it like it is.
It's moved.
It's gone.

I don't know that I've seen "deprecated" used with GUI stuff.
In my mind, it applies to command-line or code options that still exist, but that have new, improved, better, stronger, faster, nicer-smelling replacements now available.