Re: Telecommuting ( was: Do as I say, not as I do )

Subject: Re: Telecommuting ( was: Do as I say, not as I do )
From: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 13:20:40 -0800

My issue has been the reverse; work intruding on my family life. I was already managing teams and people when I got married and we accepted that it went with the territory, but I was supposed to have been relieved of that when I changed my career focus away from people management in my last job. Murphy's Law being what it is, since that job went away in Nov I've been freelancing, which is taking up more home time than managing people did. Such is life.

Gene Kim-Eng

On 2/22/2013 10:49 AM, Peter Neilson wrote:

Indeed, this is the problem of all who work where family or family problems are allowed to interrupt work. We should not have to give abrupt dismissal to our families when we appear to be available to help them.

EPUB Webinar: Join STC Vice President Nicky Bleiel as she discusses tips for creating EPUB, the file format used for e-readers, tablets, smartphones, and more.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/12LyN2z