Re: Telecommuting ( was: Do as I say, not as I do )

Subject: Re: Telecommuting ( was: Do as I say, not as I do )
From: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Cardimon, Craig" <ccardimon -at- M-S-G -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 09:15:29 -0800

Telecommuting is not a perk or privilege. It's a working arrangement that suits the mutual convenience of both employer and employee. As such, it is among all those "other job requirements and/or conditions" that are subject to change as the needs of the job are reevaluated. The employee is has an equal prerogative to decide the job requirements no longer suit his or her needs. The possibility that employees may leave is something the employer has to be prepared for any time the nature of the job changes.

Gene Kim-Eng

On 2/25/2013 8:33 AM, Cardimon, Craig wrote:

When perks or privileges are revoked because they can be, then The Powers That Be are undermining loyalty and morale. I'd say they just stepped in quicksand.

EPUB Webinar: Join STC Vice President Nicky Bleiel as she discusses tips for creating EPUB, the file format used for e-readers, tablets, smartphones, and more.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/12LyN2z