Subject: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for September 20, 2013
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 11:29:57 -0400

If you were to extract a list of keywords from the content TechWhirl
published this week, plus chats on the email discussion list, and comments
from the community forum it would be an odd-looking list:

- Pigs and chickens
- Koi
- Spam
- Swiss Army Knife
- Badge
- XML
- PDF on Demand
- Keyboard
- Reward
- Infinity Scrolling
- Privacy
- Mobility
- Converter
- Halloween
- Grammar
- Presumption
- DITA
- WIKI

Is it a scouting blog? A chat room for agricultural app developers? Maybe a
new contender for Wikipedia? It’s actually a list that reflects the
diversity of our community, and our commitment to sharing knowledge about
what it takes to do this job of tech comm and content creation well. I’m
not sure if Google Analytics could make heads or tails of how these
keywords could possibly be related to each other, except they all have

We also achieved a new milestone of a sort, publishing our 1000th piece of
content since we took over TechWhirl in 2011. Maybe we’ll give you a
special badge if you can guess which article or post got us over that
threshold. In the meantime, enjoy…

Have a great weekend!

-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
In Case You Missed it: This Week @ TechWhirl

*New features and articles on http://TechWhirl.com <http://techwhirl.com/>**
:*

- Tech Writer This Week for September 19, 2013 | http://bit.ly/16HBVSv
http://bit.ly/16HBVSv
- Word Wise: The Presumption Trap, by Marcia Riefer Johnston |
http://bit.ly/15B8dyN
- Antidot Fluid Topics: Two (DITA) Thumbs Up for Better Customer
Experience, by Jacquie Samuels | http://bit.ly/14c1kCR
- Mobility and Writer Productivity (poll) | http://bit.ly/16vknsP

*More on TechWhirl Community Forums and other stuff:*

- Searching our Sites — TechWhirl Community Forums |
http://bit.ly/1dvpCdS
- Privacy and Sharing on our Forums | http://bit.ly/15I0JKk
- Forums — Policing SPAM and Bad Behavior | http://bit.ly/1a9XmeT
- New Forums — Shiny Objects and Rewards | http://bit.ly/1aQRGrf

*Technical Communication news on
http://TechWhirl.com/news<http://techwhirl.com/news>
:*

- Cloudwords Premieres Localization Integration Solution with Marketo |
http://ow.ly/2A21Xw
- Thomson Reuters Delivers Enhancements to e-Learning Solutions |
http://ow.ly/2A11vd

Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:

- Our Google Plus Page – what’s happening behind the scenes |
http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click |
http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time |
http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box |
http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu

SPONSOR-Luv

We want to send a very special “thank you” to our sponsors for their
support.

*Platinum*: Adobe Systems
Incorporated<http://www.runaware.com/clients/adobe/techsuite/>

*Gold: *ComponentOne Software <http://bit.ly/doc-to-help>,* *Madcap
Software<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/flare/overview.aspx#whatsnew>
**

*Silver*: Vancouver Island University <http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>

Online Magazine and Discussions for Today's Tech Writer

Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: plus.ly/TechWhirl