Phase 2 of TechWhirl Community Migration Happens This Weekend

Subject: Phase 2 of TechWhirl Community Migration Happens This Weekend
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 19:11:03 -0400

Greetings Whirlers,

As you know we completed the first phase of migration to our new Community
Forums, migrating the comments and commenters from TechWhirl.com.
Everything went smoothly, and the community is humming along, growing a bit
each day. we've seen some familiar names pop up there already, and we look
forward to greeting the whole crew there soon.

After addressing all the technical issues and concerns with migrating the
providing more details on Friday, so this is just a "heads up" to let you
know that by Monday, September 30, all discussions will be taking place on
the community forum platform. It will likely be a transparent change for
most of you--you'll be able to continue to participate (or lurk if that's
your preference) via email as you always have, even to using the same email
address to post a comment. All the work happens from our end. As of Monday,
you'll have some great new options and features for participating in the

The work will actually begin tomorrow, but the list will continue to be
available until the final switchover. Email us directly if you have any
special concerns and we'll try to address them as quickly as possible.

More details to follow on Friday.

Take care,

Connie Giordano
List Moderator

Online Magazine and Discussions for Today's Tech Writer

Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: plus.ly/TechWhirl