Re: Ribbon menu nomenclature

Subject: Re: Ribbon menu nomenclature
From: Hannah Drake <hannah -at- formulatrix -dot- com>
To: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 09:34:50 -0400

Perfect--thanks. The term I was looking for was "contextual tab set"

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 7:06 PM, Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com> wrote:

> Microsoft calls them "contextual tabs."
> Gene Kim-Eng
> On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 3:56 PM, Hannah Drake <hannah -at- formulatrix -dot- com>wrote:
>> My question -- I couldn't find terminology for context-sensitive tabs that
>> have more than one tab. What would you call these? Sub-tabs? Or would you
>> call the big contextual menu something else, besides a tab?

Hannah L. Drake
Lead Technical Documentation Specialist
Formulatrix, Inc.

781-788-0228 x137 (office)
617-610-6456 (cell)
hannah.drake.formulatrix (skype)
Doc-To-Help 2014 v1 now available. SharePoint 2013 support, NetHelp enhancements, and more. Read all about it.

Learn more:


You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @


Ribbon menu nomenclature: From: Hannah Drake
Re: Ribbon menu nomenclature: From: Gene Kim-Eng

Previous by Author: Ribbon menu nomenclature
Next by Author: A status bar by any other name...
Previous by Thread: Re: Ribbon menu nomenclature
Next by Thread: Re: Ribbon menu nomenclature

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads