Re: Ribbon menu nomenclature

Subject: Re: Ribbon menu nomenclature
From: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: Hannah Drake <hannah -at- formulatrix -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 16:06:48 -0700

Microsoft calls them "contextual tabs."

Gene Kim-Eng

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 3:56 PM, Hannah Drake <hannah -at- formulatrix -dot- com>wrote:

> My question -- I couldn't find terminology for context-sensitive tabs that
> have more than one tab. What would you call these? Sub-tabs? Or would you
> call the big contextual menu something else, besides a tab?
Doc-To-Help 2014 v1 now available. SharePoint 2013 support, NetHelp enhancements, and more. Read all about it.

Learn more:


You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @


Ribbon menu nomenclature: From: Hannah Drake

Previous by Author: Re: How many product releases do you support in a given year?
Next by Author: Re: Ribbon menu nomenclature
Previous by Thread: Re: Ribbon menu nomenclature
Next by Thread: Re: Ribbon menu nomenclature

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads