Ribbon menu nomenclature

Subject: Ribbon menu nomenclature
From: Hannah Drake <hannah -at- formulatrix -dot- com>
To: techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 18:56:48 -0400

Hi all,

Need some help. In most places, people write about the various menus in the
ribbon as "tabs", and the groups on the tabs as (appropriately) "groups".
(I've also seen the tabs referred to as "pages" - I think that would
introduce confusion to users so I'm not going to use that term, unless that
would be completely rogue of me - let me know.)

My question -- I couldn't find terminology for context-sensitive tabs that
have more than one tab. What would you call these? Sub-tabs? Or would you
call the big contextual menu something else, besides a tab?


Doc-To-Help 2014 v1 now available. SharePoint 2013 support, NetHelp enhancements, and more. Read all about it.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/NNcWqS


You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/ for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at http://techwhirl.com

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @ http://techwr-l.com/archives


Previous by Author: Re: How many product releases do you support in a given year?
Next by Author: Re: Ribbon menu nomenclature
Previous by Thread: Visio images are printing blurry in Bluebeam
Next by Thread: Re: Ribbon menu nomenclature

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads