Re: Backpan or backplane?

Subject: Re: Backpan or backplane?
From: DaveC <davec2468 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 08:56:20 -0700

Sometimes it helps to do a patent search for terms such as this.

This is the typical use of the term “backpan” that I can find: ~/ media/ MiddleAtlantic/ Documents/ TechDocs/ EWR%20Series%20Wall%20Mount%20Rack_96-01004/ 96_01004EWR.ashx

A chassis (usually metal) to serve as a physical—not electrical—mounting platform for subassemblies.

So “backplane” precisely—and historically—describes what you want.



> Thank you, Bill. And so it appears that this mystery has been solved.
> Any further elucidation from you or other members?
> Chris

Adobe TCS 5: Get the Best of both worlds: modern publishing and best in class XML \ DITA authoring |


You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @

Re: Backpan or backplane?: From: Comcast Email
RE: Backpan or backplane?: From: Bill Darnall
Re: Backpan or backplane?: From: Chris Morton

Previous by Author: Re: Backpan or backplane?
Next by Author: Re: Backpan or backplane?
Previous by Thread: Re: Backpan or backplane?
Next by Thread: Re: Backpan or backplane?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads