Re: Backpan or backplane?

Subject: Re: Backpan or backplane?
From: Mike Starr <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 12:27:27 -0500

Never heard that before... wonder if backpan is a shortening of back panel?

Best Regards,

Mike Starr, Writer
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - WordPress Websites
Graphic Designer - Desktop Publisher - Custom Microsoft Word templates
(262) 694-1028 - mike -at- writestarr -dot- com -
President - Working Writers of Wisconsin

On 3/23/2015 8:39 AM, Bill Darnall wrote:

The SCADA industry uses the term backpan. Backpans are usually made of
plywood. Electronic units can be physically mounted on the backpan.
Consequently, there may be associated cables and connectors. However, one
does not plug anything into the backpan the way one does for a wired

Search "scada AND backpan" for many references.

Adobe TCS 5: Get the Best of both worlds: modern publishing and best in class XML \ DITA authoring |


You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-
To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @


Re: Backpan or backplane?: From: Comcast Email
RE: Backpan or backplane?: From: Bill Darnall

Previous by Author: Re: Backpan or backplane?
Next by Author: Re: "Technical Writing Could Be a Great Encore Career"
Previous by Thread: Re: Backpan or backplane?
Next by Thread: Re: Backpan or backplane?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads