Re: Backpan or backplane?

Subject: Re: Backpan or backplane?
From: DaveC <davec2468 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 13:46:49 -0700

One more before I go…

I submitted your query to several electronics-specific USENET “news groups”. To a person, they’ve never heard of “backpan” being used for what is commonly referred to as the backplane.

This is typical of the responses:

“The backpan is the metal plate onto which is mounted the backplane. The
backplane is the pcb onto which connects the various cards of the PLC.

The backpan allows the PLC to be removed from its enclosure without
removing the enclosure from the wall.”


Adobe TCS 5: Get the Best of both worlds: modern publishing and best in class XML \ DITA authoring |


You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @

Re: Backpan or backplane?: From: Comcast Email
RE: Backpan or backplane?: From: Bill Darnall
Re: Backpan or backplane?: From: Mike Starr
Re: Backpan or backplane?: From: Chris Morton
Re: Backpan or backplane?: From: Chris Morton

Previous by Author: Re: Backpan or backplane?
Next by Author: RE: Differentiating between software versions in help articles
Previous by Thread: Re: Backpan or backplane?
Next by Thread: RE: "Technical Writing Could Be a Great Encore Career"

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads