RE: Ask for a raise? Or pack my bags?

Subject: RE: Ask for a raise? Or pack my bags?
From: "Rick Quatro" <rick -at- rickquatro -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L Writing'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 14:19:48 -0400

The national average isn't always a good indicator because you have to look
at other factors like cost of living, commute time, quality of life, etc.
There is another important factor: do you like your job and the people you
work with? Is it challenging, engaging, and satisfying.

The most important factor is this: what will the market bear in your area?
You may think your job/work is worth $50-60K, but can you actually make that
much somewhere else? I would find that out before you ask for a raise. That
way, if they say no, you will have other options. Let's face it; you are
very unlikely to get a raise from $32K to 50K in the same company. So you
will need to know what else is out there in terms of opportunities and pay.

Rick

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
585-366-4017