Re: Ask for a raise? Or pack my bags?

Subject: Re: Ask for a raise? Or pack my bags?
From: "RaphaelWorkman -at- comcast -dot- net" <raphaelworkman -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 14:00:37 -0600

Thanks to all for your advice so far! I realize I forgot to add a few key points.

I earned a BA degree in Organizational Management from Ashford University in Clinton, Iowa in 2010.

I commute from north of downtown Denver to south of downtown Denver through rush hour traffic. I spend 8-10 hrs/wk commuting.

Denver region is above the national average so my original salary goals are spot on or even a bit conservative.

I put out my resume to a few big companies and haven't received any interest back yet.

Companies in my area that are actually hiring are paying $50-$75/yr for tech writing and editing jobs popping up last month and this month.

I like the people I work with. My boss is nice. I like what I do. I didn't realize I was making so little until my little brother got a new job earning $75/yr (as a CFP) but told me his company is hiring regular people with bachelor's degrees starting at $50/yr. to basically just answer phones in a call center environment. That's a thousand dollars a month more than I make now and it's not even the regional average for tech writers in Denver Colorado, which is $62/yr ($2,000/mo more than I earn now).

Here are some supporting pics. I entered my info (e.g. 3 yrs experience) into salary.com. for my region: Denver.

As you can see, I'm in the 10% who earn less than $47/yrâway less.

Raph

Sent from my iPhone