RE: [RMX:NL] Re: Request for comments on my Structured Writing series

Subject: RE: [RMX:NL] Re: Request for comments on my Structured Writing series
From: Slager Timothy J <Timothy -dot- Slager -at- dematic -dot- com>
To: Julie Stickler <jstickler -at- gmail -dot- com>, Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 13:12:35 +0000

I get the feeling that Robert and Julie aren't acknowledging that this is chapter 11. If the chapter is taken in isolation, their comments are valid. But they seem less valid in the context of the rest of the articles. I haven't read all of the articles and it has been awhile since I read them, but each chapter builds on or adds to the previous ones.

The newbie picking up this book would have had the benefit of 10 chapters of very well written explanations about structured writing before getting to this chapter. As a long-time technical writer whose experience, unfortunately, has mostly been limited to "unstructured" writing, I found the articles helpful. Mark explains basic concepts in ways that make more sense than most other articles I have read. (Plus, his writing is exemplary.)

tims