Programming Term?

Subject: Programming Term?
From: <Brian -dot- Henderson -at- mitchell1 -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 21:20:35 +0000

One of the biggest drawbacks to being a self-taught programmer (and I'm being generous with the word "programmer" here) is that I am fairly weak when it comes to nomenclature.

Is there a "universally" understood name for the type of indented formatting used to indicate the nesting hierarchy in a file full of marked-up text, such as XML? I'm trying to eliminate the three sentences I would need to describe what I'm talking about.

-Brian H.


Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development |


You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @


Previous by Author: Tip 'o the day
Next by Author: RE: Programming Term?
Previous by Thread: On writing instructions
Next by Thread: Re: Programming Term?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads