Re: Programming Term?

Subject: Re: Programming Term?
From: Alan Houser <arh -at- groupwellesley -dot- com>
To: Brian -dot- Henderson -at- mitchell1 -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 17:27:55 -0400



Alan Houser
Group Wellesley, Inc.
Consultant and Trainer, Technical Publishing
arh on Twitter

On 7/27/16 5:20 PM, Brian -dot- Henderson -at- mitchell1 -dot- com wrote:

One of the biggest drawbacks to being a self-taught programmer (and I'm being generous with the word "programmer" here) is that I am fairly weak when it comes to nomenclature.

Is there a "universally" understood name for the type of indented formatting used to indicate the nesting hierarchy in a file full of marked-up text, such as XML? I'm trying to eliminate the three sentences I would need to describe what I'm talking about.

-Brian H.


Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development |


You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-
To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @


Programming Term?: From: Brian.Henderson

Previous by Author: Re: oXygen XML editor for XSDs and (potentially) tech doc formats: Mac or Win?
Next by Author: Tip 'o the day
Previous by Thread: Re: Programming Term?
Next by Thread: RE: Programming Term?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads