RE: Programming Term?

Subject: RE: Programming Term?
From: <Brian -dot- Henderson -at- mitchell1 -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 22:37:08 +0000

It's starting to look like there isn't really a single generic way of talking about the style, other than some form of the word "indent". So, if something along the lines of "indented format" is sufficient then I should be alright.

-----Original Message----- From: Peter Neilson

Julie's answer is correct. The Wikipedia article seems to be accurate.

There is actually a plethora of styles, all conflicting. Which style to
use is a matter of religion. Some practitioners enforce a single style.
(Observe, in the article, the reference to the "the one true brace style"
which originated in C coding.) Sometimes, especially when blending code or
coders from differing backgrounds, it may be necessary to convert the


Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development |


You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @


Programming Term?: From: Brian.Henderson
Re: Programming Term?: From: Julie Stickler
Re: Programming Term?: From: Peter Neilson

Previous by Author: RE: Programming Term?
Next by Author: Book on Modern Technical Writing
Previous by Thread: Re: Programming Term?
Next by Thread: Re: Programming Term?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads