Re: What's this term?

Subject: Re: What's this term?
From: "Cheryl Wallace, ToolHound" <cheryl -dot- wallace -at- toolhound -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 09:04:23 -0400

Snagit refers to it as "spotlight" which is the term I've always used.
The spotlit section can optionally be magnified.

Cheryl Wallace

On 5/09/17 4:17 PM, Robert Lauriston wrote:

That's a UI element. Dave is asking about an illustration.

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 12:00 PM, Kerry Watson [1]<kwatson -at- continuum -dot- io> wrote:

It's a modal window:



1. mailto:kwatson -at- continuum -dot- io
Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development |


You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @


What's this term?: From: Dave C

Previous by Author: WG: Third-party graphics in Screen Snaps: Legal issue?
Next by Author: RE: Structured stuff for the beginner
Previous by Thread: What's this term?
Next by Thread: Re: What's this term?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads