Re: What's this term?

Subject: Re: What's this term?
From: Emoto <emoto1 -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 09:21:59 -0400

Frankly, if *we* don't know what to call it, the user of the document(?)
being written isn't going to have any idea, either, so use of the "proper"
term would be a forced vocabulary lesson detracting from the point the
writer is trying to make. I recommend writing around the issue so that the
name of the partially transparent image is unnecessary. Something along the
lines of:

"... as shown in the highlighted area of the illustration below."

Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development |


You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @

What's this term?: From: Dave C
Re: What's this term?: From: Cheryl Wallace, ToolHound

Previous by Author: Re: Salary
Next by Author: RE: about use of single bullets
Previous by Thread: Re: What's this term?
Next by Thread: Re: What's this term?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads