Re: The Microsoft Style Guide is Online and Free

Subject: Re: The Microsoft Style Guide is Online and Free
From: Mike Starr <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2018 10:23:06 -0600

It took a while from the release date but they did put a link on the site to download a PDF version. The PDF version is 1018 A4 pages, much larger than previous versions. One thing I noted is that the PDF version doesn't open with the bookmark pane visible. Each page is appropriately bookmarked by the page title but the bookmark tree is completely expanded. I collapsed the bookmarks tree on many of the subtopics to make it easier for me to browse the contents. I wish they'd done that in the production release.

I'm hoping there will be a print version because I'd like to review the whole thing but that's much more convenient for me with a print version than it would be to sit in front of a screen. I already have several perfect-bound paperbacks with that many pages, so it's definitely something that can be done. Unless they sell a print version, the only option there would be to print the PDF version and drop it into a three-ring binder (uggh). Taking to to a copy shop to have it duplex printed on three-hole punched paper would probably cost about $75.

Reviewing the bookmarks for an assessment of the contents, it seems extremely comprehensive... much more so than previous editions. Internet is not capitalized, email is not hyphenated.

Best Regards,

Mike Starr, Writer
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - WordPress Websites
Graphic Designer - Desktop Publisher - Custom Microsoft Word templates
(262) 694-1028 - mike -at- writestarr -dot- com -

On 2/17/2018 7:30 AM, Craig Cardimon wrote:

Check this out:

I paid cash for the last one and I still use it. Any thoughts on this one?

Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development |

The Microsoft Style Guide is Online and Free: From: Craig Cardimon