tech writers in education

Subject: tech writers in education
From: Jacobs Chris <jacobs_chris -at- SMTPMAC -dot- ADS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1993 11:35:11 U

I may soon be involved in a large project concerning the internetworking of
public schools as a curriculum 'translator'. This isn't particularly
traditional tasking for a tech writer, but it seems appropriate in many ways. I
will have to do a number of things in addition to designing training courses
for teachers/administrators, including a manual on how to redesign current
teacher and district produced/approved resources (textbooks, lesson plans,
curriculum guides, objectives, etc) for use with the new, improved,
computerized, networked system. I will probably have to actually perform some
of the initial redesigns, as well.

Does anyone out there have any experience with this sort of thing? I have a
masters in elementary education to accompany my comm degree, but none of the
courses addressed the idea of converting resources from pen/paper to
interactive technology. Any recommendations as to reading material, suggestions
for the work or any related comments are more than welcome. I have
approximately one month to come up with a decent plan of action, so every bit
of information I can get will be helpful. Thanks in advance. You may reply on
the list, or to me offline at jacobs_chris -at- smtpmac -dot- ads -dot- com