STC Chapter at Drexel University

Subject: STC Chapter at Drexel University
From: "Larry Kunz ((919) 254-6395)" <ldkunz -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1993 09:26:04 EDT

Alicia Fretz writes:

> I am working toward my Master of Science in Science and Technical
> Communication at Drexel University and would be interested in heading up a
> chapter on site. My understanding from my Professor, Eva Thury, is that
> there is a chapter at Drexel, but it is currently inactive. Please advise
> of any interaction you have had in the past with this group so that I may
> further inquire here.

There was a Philadelphia student chapter; it was dissolved in 1991
after the advisor left the area and there weren't enough students to
sustain the chapter. Many, if not most, of the members were from
Drexel.

If enough people are interested in starting a new student chapter,
I'll be glad to help. You'll need at least ten students, plus a
faculty member who's an STC member and who's willing to serve as
advisor. You should also contact the Delaware Valley chapter, which
can help put you in touch with other student members in the area.

Larry Kunz
STC Region 2 Director-Sponsor
ldkunz -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com